Autumn news and results
The BETA team have been competing regularly over the first half of the autumn including half term events in Totteridge and Northwood.
The winter season kicked off in early September. As per normal, the BETA team was competing around the region. Twelve year old Sophia Mezzone has been the most active player in the half term so far competing in multiple events, winning 3 tournament and finishing runner up in another 2 events. One of the tournament wins came at the Totteridge Junior open in the U14 girls doubles partnering Emily Ineson. Anna Popescu is continuing her road to recovery after multiple injury setbacks with 2 tournament wins. She has competed so far this term in a women’s event in Sutton and the U18 event at Totteridge.
The BETA boys were also getting their teeth stuck into some competitive action! Reece Farrow, 13, and James Portal, 14, both made finals of county events, while Reece teamed up with Joshua Hayes to also make a doubles final. The county events are now being played in the fast 4 format, which has taken a bit to get use to for some of our players, but nonetheless they are persevering well and getting the results they are working hard for each day at training.
The competition will continue in the second half of the term with regional events at Gosling, Heston and Westway, while some of the up and coming stars of BETA will travel to Miami to compete in the Orange Bowl, which is regarded as the junior world championships. Good luck to all players in the tournament over the next few weeks!
- U16 Heston County Event – Winner
- U14 Heston County Event – Winner
- U14 Totteridge Regional Event – Doubles Winner partnering Emily Ineson
- U14 Harlow Regional Event – Runner Up
- U14 Totteridge Regional Event – Runner Up
- Women’s Sutton Regional Event – Winner
- U18 Totteridge Regional Event – Winner
- U14 Gosling County Event – Runner Up
- U14 Gosling County Event – Doubles Runner Up partnering Joshua Hayes
- U16 Gosling County Event – Runner Up